Juno Baby Quilt
If you ever want to see a story in continuous lapses of good judgement so consistent that it's almost admirable, look no further than my Juno-inspired baby quilt.
What's even better is that I actually like the finished top, but oh my goodness. It's like every time I had an opportunity to make a good decision, I ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction. It all started when I had this idea to blow up the Juno block from my Modern Makers Club sampler a few months ago into a 4x4' quilt, and then play around @vesselquilts-style with slicing it up and sewing it back together to break up the strong lines a little bit. So, I went on my merry way, doubling the block size (not the easiest thing when working in eighths..) and realized 3/4 of the way through that my idea of doubling 12" blocks to make 24" blocks doesn't work when I'm starting with measurements for 9" blocks. And that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the quilt. My measurements were all wrong for what I envisioned, I didn't adjust seam allowance sizes for the change in measurements, which is a problem when you're sewing two pieces with different numbers of seams, I trimmed the four blocks once they were all complete and didn't really trim them the same size or with enough thoughtfulness that I was going to be able to line up seams when I sewed them together... It was bad. However, it looks kind of cool, and I don't think I'm going to cut it up.